1/1 Photo of New Mexican Potatoes Au Gratin
1 hr 20 mins
Try this variation on the traditional potato dish; it's creamy, and a little bit spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- 2Add flour and let cook and brown slightly, forming a thick roux.
- 3Stir in sour cream, chilies, salt and pepper, letting sauce thicken to the consistency of thick gravy. (Add milk 1 T. at a time if you need to thin it a bit).
- 4Remove from heat and add most of the cheese; set aside.
- 5Slice unpeeled potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place one layer in small casserole, and pour half the cheese sauce over. Layer and and pour again.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes-1 hour. Top with rest of cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexican Potatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.9
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 709.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.5 g