1/1 Photo of New Mexican Hot Chocolate
Sue Lau's Note:
Great for chilly days. An excellent accompaniment to bunuelos or sopaipillas. From Irene Sanchez.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together sugar, cocoa, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add milk and cook, stirring, until hot.
- 3Add vanilla and stir.
- 4Pour chocolate into serving cups and top with whipped cream (if desired).
- 5Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and serve with a cinnamon stick (for stirring).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexican Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g