- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream (for topping; optional)
- 6 cinnamon sticks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add milk and cook, stirring, until hot.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour chocolate into serving cups and top with whipped cream (if desired).
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and serve with a cinnamon stick (for stirring).