Serve sauce over enchiladas, grilled pork tenderloin or other grilled meats and poultry, or as a side with beef tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy-bottomed sauce pan, saute onions in corn oil until they begin to brown.
- 2Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- 3Stir flour in with onions and garlic so that it thickens.
- 4Add chopped chilies, beef broth and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to allow mixture to reduce. The sauce should be thick enough to bind chilies and onions together. Sauce can be refrigerated for three days, or frozen.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Mexican Green Chile Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 874.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g