Recipe by Dancer^
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Great recipe. I needed to bring a salad to a dinner party & this worked well. I enjoyed the fresh vegys with the pasta & the flavours in the dressing were very tasty. We don't like our salad real creamy so I increased the pasta 1/2 oz. And, to cut some fat/calories I reduced the cheese 1/2 cup. This is a keeper, thanks for sharing.
- 8 ounces tri-colored rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onions with top
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rotini according to package directions, omitting oil and salt.
- Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine rotini, 1 1/2 cups cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and green onions.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, basil, garlic and lemon pepper; pour over rotini.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve on lettuce leaves; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.