Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I'm not partial to the hot peppers but these little Pepperoncini peppers are very tasty and you can get them mild, though they still have a little bite to them. I just love them in this recipe. I chop the pepperoncinis and canned tomatoes with my kitchen scissors. The fire roasted tomatoes really taste good in this recipe also and I recommend that you don't use the plain canned tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion (chopped medium)
- 1 large garlic clove (chopped fine)
- 6 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 6 mild pepperoncini peppers (cut up small)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (fire roasted are best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bouillon (I used Better then Bouillon Veggie base in the jar)
- 1⁄4 cup wine (I used a sweet sangria)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the coconut oil in a large non stick saute pan.
- Saute the onions until they get opaque then add the mushrooms and saute those until they just get soft. About 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Serve over your favourite rice or pasta with some grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bon Appetit!