Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm not partial to the hot peppers but these little Pepperoncini peppers are very tasty and you can get them mild, though they still have a little bite to them. I just love them in this recipe. I chop the pepperoncinis and canned tomatoes with my kitchen scissors. The fire roasted tomatoes really taste good in this recipe also and I recommend that you don't use the plain canned tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion (chopped medium)
- 1 large garlic clove (chopped fine)
- 6 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 6 mild pepperoncini peppers (cut up small)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (fire roasted are best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bouillon (I used Better then Bouillon Veggie base in the jar)
- 1⁄4 cup wine (I used a sweet sangria)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Melt the coconut oil in a large non stick saute pan.
- Saute the onions until they get opaque then add the mushrooms and saute those until they just get soft. About 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Serve over your favourite rice or pasta with some grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bon Appetit!