Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A casserole version
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 2 quart casserole; set aside.
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium heat; add in onions and garlic; stir until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add in squash, green beans, and jalapeno; stir 2 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and broth; season with salt and pepper; bring to a low simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in corn; stir well.
- Scrape mixture into the prepared casserole; sprinkle with cheese evenly over the top; bake until golden, about 30 minutes.