Recipe by Oolala
From Maria Porreca of Millville. Published in the Star Ledger.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Very interesting recipe and a good way to use up extra zucchini. I lightly toasted the slices of Italian bread because I didn't want the end result to be too soggy (and it wasn't). I baked this for about 30 minutes to make sure the zucchini mixture was cooked through. This was a nice side dish for an Italian meal.
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, diced (optional)
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, day old
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for the bread and refrigerate until chilled and you are ready to bake it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the bread and place in an 8 X 8 inch baking dish.
- Put the chilled zucchini mixture over the bread and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.