Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make homemade cookies the new-fashioned way! Cake mix gives you a quick start.
Make and share this New Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, water, peanut butter, shortening and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and, on ungreased cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.