Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From January 2007 Cooking Light, this recipe by Kelly McWherter of Houston was a "Side Dish and Side Salads" Category Winner. Fast, easy, and very tasty. Creamy without being loaded down with dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unpeeled chopped rome apples
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 (16 ounce) package cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add chopped apples, raisins, and coleslaw mix; toss to combine.
nice and light, with a nice tang of sour cream. Used 1 TBS. white vinegar and about 1 tsp. of regular balsamic vinegar since I couldn't find white balsamic vinegar. I also didn't use the whole package of slaw mix since it seemed to be too much for the amount of dressing. The apple and raisins really changed it into a new coleslaw I can't wait to serve at this summer's cookouts! thanks for sharing!