Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray.
- 4 sandwich-size sourdough English muffins
- 2 (9 ounce) cans tuna in water, well-drained
- 5 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or Ranch Dressing)
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4-1 lb sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut the English Muffins in half horizontally; place cut side up on a cookie sheet; lightly toast in the oven; remove from oven but leave the broiler on.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, relish, onion, celery, Old Bay, mayonnaise, and radishes using 2 forks to mash the salad.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a large scoop to mound the salad evenly on top of the 8 muffin halves.
- Top each mound with tomato and cheese slices; place the open face sandwiches under the broiler to melt the cheese; serve immediately.
Sure is tasty with relish, celery, onion and Old Bay seasoning added.