Recipe by Acerast
A simple preparation of the corn and beans encountered by the colonists in New England. It can be enjoyed year round. From Brooke Dojny's The New England Cookbook.
- 10 ounces lima beans, frozen
- 2 cups corn, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beans in a sauce pan of boiling salted water for 6 to 8 minutes, until they are almost tender.
- Add the corn, return to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until both vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes; drain well.
- Return the vegetables to the saucepan and add the sugar, cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated through, about 3 minutes.