Recipe by Gillian Spence
From the Boar's Head Classic Recipes book. I think the Boar's Head brand is a must for the corned beef, the quality surpasses any other you can buy. The recipe calls for a Boar's Head 1st Cut Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and quartered
- 6 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 small parsnips, peeled
- 6 small onions, peeled
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corned beef in uncovered Dutch oven, with spices up.
- Cover with 2 inches of cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer slowly for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables and continue to simmer with lid on for 1 hour or until meat is fork tender and vegetables are done.