Recipe by winkki
A savory blend of three mushrooms in a unique recipe from the New England Soup Factory in Boston, known for their hearty and unusual soups. If you prefer a vegetarian soup, be sure to use a very flavorful veggie stock in place of the chicken stock.
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 14.79 ml salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 453.59 g shiitake mushroom
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 113.39 g chanterelle mushroom
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml chicken stock
- 113.39 g light cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large stock pot and saute garlic, onions and celery for 5-8 minutes.
- Slice all of the mushrooms together and set aside 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Add the remaining mushrooms and potatoes to pot and continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock; bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-high heat until the potatoes are tender, approx 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add thyme.
- Puree in blender, return to pot.
- Add sherry, light cream, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce, warm through.
- Meanwhile, saute the reserved mushrooms in a little olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup and stir well.