Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the old family recipe for cocktail sauce. It can not be beat if you love a spicy cocktail sauce with your seafood.
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish, do NOT use creamed Horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon clam broth (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- mix all ingredients, squeeze in juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Adjust to taste.
- chill for 1 hour. Wedge out remaining half of lemon to squeeze over seafood. Serve with shrimp, calamari or other seafood.
Spicy and delicious! I've been making this and it's the difference between an indifferent seafood cocktail and an amazing one! Thanks for posting!
This is a very hot and spicy cocktail sauce, just the way we like it. I severed this with Mini Shrimp Cocktail Appetizers for a wonderful appetizer. Made for Spring PAC 2010. Thanks for posting. :)