Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy casserole and so good!! Enjoy
Make and share this New England Scallop Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Butter a large baking dish with 2 tbsp.
- Layer mushrooms on bottom and top with scallops.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in wine and cook until sauce is thick.
- Gradually stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- pour sauce over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.
Very easy and has a nice flavor. It doesn't specify what type of scallops, so I used bay scallops and it worked quite well. The only issue I had is that the end result was very "soupy." You need to consider that the mushrooms will release water as they cook. I will certainly make this again, but next time I will cut the amounts of both the wine and cream in half. Thanx!
This was very good. I can never follow any recipe to the letter, even the first time I make it, so here is what I did differently: I only had one pound of scallops, but the recipe still worked out well. I also did not have any white wine, so I searched for a substitution and used 1/4 cup lemon juice in the sauce for the casserole. Since there were fewer scallops, I ended up with a lot of sauce left over, so I used it to cover the angel hair spaghetti I made to go with this. I will definitely be making this again, but probably with more scallops.