Top Review by Kirstin in the Couv
Another fabulous recipe from Miller!!! Taste was great and the hens were ohhhhh sooooo tender!!!!! Wonderful valentines dinner!!!! I may try them on the grill next time as I ended up smoking the whole house out using the oven at 500... Thanks!!
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 fluid ounces olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pepper, to taste
- 2 Cornish hens
- unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the hens and remove the ribs and backbone.
- Combine all above except butter and marinate the hens for 2 to 6 hours.
- Bring them to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Remove the hens from the marinade and pat more or less dry.
- Arrange in an oven dish (single layer), brush with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, brushing with butter once or twice during cooking.