- Split the hens and remove the ribs and backbone.
- Combine all above except butter and marinate the hens for 2 to 6 hours.
- Bring them to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Remove the hens from the marinade and pat more or less dry.
- Arrange in an oven dish (single layer), brush with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, brushing with butter once or twice during cooking.
Another fabulous recipe from Miller!!! Taste was great and the hens were ohhhhh sooooo tender!!!!! Wonderful valentines dinner!!!! I may try them on the grill next time as I ended up smoking the whole house out using the oven at 500... Thanks!!
One of the easiest, best game hen recipes I've ever enjoyed! Had a dinner party, wanted something different yet not time consuming and these fit the bill! Everyone raved about them, and thought I spent hours in preparing. (I'll never tell). Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
Very easy to make. I marinated the cornish hen before I went to work this morning. Then put them in the oven after I returned from work. Dinner was ready exactly 25 mins later. I made honey garlic carrots and asperagus while waiting for the hens to be cooked. I added one tablespoon of honey to the butter when I braised the hens 2 mins before finish time. The kids gave the dish all thumbs up. Juicy and yummy!