Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Lightly altered recipe from "Healthy Meals in Minutes". One of my favorite Cranberry breads.
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour, sifted
- 118.29 ml white flour, sifted
- 236.59 ml frozen cranberries
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, orange peel and baking soda. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, orange juice, oil, applesauce, egg and egg white. Mix well.
- Add orange juice mixture to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do NOT overmix. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and cool slightly. Turn loaf out onto rack to cool competely.
This is a nice, fairly dense bread with lots of flavor. We loved the taste of the whole wheat flour with the cranberries (I ended up using fresh). I left out the walnuts only because I discovered I didn't have any. I'll be making this again - soon. Thanks for sharing!! Made for My 3 Chefs, fall 2009.