Recipe by Nature's Cuisine
Lightly altered recipe from "Healthy Meals in Minutes". One of my favorite Cranberry breads.
Top Review by Gabby LSW
This is a nice, fairly dense bread with lots of flavor. We loved the taste of the whole wheat flour with the cranberries (I ended up using fresh). I left out the walnuts only because I discovered I didn't have any. I'll be making this again - soon. Thanks for sharing!! Made for My 3 Chefs, fall 2009.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup white flour, sifted
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, orange peel and baking soda. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, orange juice, oil, applesauce, egg and egg white. Mix well.
- Add orange juice mixture to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do NOT overmix. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and cool slightly. Turn loaf out onto rack to cool competely.