Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From my mom. She got it from Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home. Will try it out for the holidays.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add in the molasses and egg yolks; mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cream, and rum.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour filling into the pie shell.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean (cover pie crust edges when appropriate to prevent over-browning).