Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sampled this last year at a soup tasting our town runs each October. This was a winner!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 medium onion, fine dice
- 1 -2 red pears, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans solid pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In heavy stock pan heat butter, saute onions and pears about 5 minutes or til soft.
- Add sage,and salt and pepper. Add flour, cook few minutes, Add stock slowly, whisking to remove lumps.
- Add pumpkin, curry, brown sugar and bring to a simmer. cook 30 minutes. Puree. Add cream. Heat through and serve.
- Tastes richer next day. Makes 12 cups.
This soup is exquisite. I could make a party of soups just from what I find here on zaar. My problem is deciding but I have to say this bisque is a MUST for anyone that wants to wow the crowd. Lolly