Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pudding-cake dessert especially good in the fall when apples are plentiful. If you like pineapple, apples, nuts, cake and ice cream, you'll love this. This came from a cookbook put out by Pace One, a local restaurant, and was served there many years ago. Don't know if it is still on the menu.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and diced
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, plus
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine drained pineapple and diced apples.
- Put into a 9-inch square pan.
- Mix walnuts and brown sugar together and spread over fruit.
- Beat eggs until thick and blend in flour and sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Spread batter over the sugar and walnuts, making sure that mixture does not touch fruit mixture underneath.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- It's done when poked and no butter flows underneath.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.