Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Mrs Dash recipe and they are quick & easy to prepare. I made them in the morning and put them covered in the fridge all day. I cut back the Mrs Dash spice to 1 tbsp. They are very tasty - I used fresh new peas instead of frozen - they give a nice texture. and served them with Tartar sauce Fried them up 10 minutes before serving A very inexpensive recipe
- 1 (7 ounce) can sockeye salmon (pink will do)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, chopped,green & white parts
- 2 tablespoons mrs dash chicken, grilling seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Mix together all the ingredients except flour, oil& butter Mix well and form into 6 patties Dredge the patties lightly in the flour Over medium heat, melt the butter and add the tsp oil.
- Add patties and brown on both sides, apprx 5 minutes per side Serve.
Very tasty, I used frozen mint peas in the recipe and I think the mint added something to the salmon cakes. As we dont have Mrs dash here I made up Mrs Dash Seasoning recipe no.20729 and used it and it all turned out fine, but can't say if that seasoning is the right one, but as long as the taste was fine, its good.
Very good and tasty! I don't like peas so I didn't put any in. I'm not a fan of canned salmon (don't like the deboning process), but this is a good and economical recipe. Quick too, if you're using leftover mashed potatoes.