- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups brandy
- 8 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in food processor. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean. Process until blended. DO AHEAD Butter mixture can be made 1 week ahead. Wrap in plastic and chill.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Add rum, brandy, and butter mixture; stir until butter melts. Ladle into mugs and garnish with cinnamon sticks.