Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A traditional recipe with a slight twist. Crust recipe makes two 9 inch crusts or one double crust pie. Use one and freeze the other or make a pumpkin pie too!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine crust ingredients by pulsing butter and flour in food processor until butter is pea size. Add water one tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition, until all comes together in a ball. Don't overmix. If using sweet butter, add 1/2 tsp salt. Divide into two discs and chill. Freeze one or use for another pie.
- For filling, cream sugar and butter together.
- Add corn syrup and maple syrup. Scraping sides of bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and pecans.
- Roll out crust and place in 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Crimp edges, dock with a fork (make some holes in the bottom of the crust to prevent bubbling while baking) and chill.
- Pour in filling taking care not to overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.