Recipe by Maryland Jim
This cookie recipe comes form the "1001 Cookie Recipes" Cookbook. I really like molasses and this is really tasty as well as easy to make.
Top Review by 2Bleu
These are very good. I made it to recipe specs. It was very easy to put together. The texture is a soft "cake-like" cookie and the flavors are wonderful. Thanks for posting. ~Buddha
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350.
- Combine flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening, and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Beat in the molasses and hot water. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until firm to the the touch. Cool on wire rack.