Recipe by Mille®
The maple gives this dish a delicate flavour unlike any other scallops dish. Puleeeeze don't use fake maple syrup!
- 2 -3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vermont pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the bacon and pour off the fat.
- Cool and crumble; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium high heat.
- Briefly sauté the scallops until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a warm bowl.
- Add the half and half to the scallop liquid and boil the cream, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about ¾ cup.
- Keep an eye on the heat and lower to medium, maintaining a steady reduction.
- Add the mustard, maple syrup and pour in any juices collected in scallop bowl.
- Boil for another 3 to 4 minutes until reduced again to sauce consistency.
- Add the scallops and crumbled bacon to the sauce, toss quickly and serve immediately.