Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My SIL made this and I thought it was superb and something very different. Thanks Laura.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (left-over roast chicken works well and also rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken thigh pieces (left-over roast chicken works well and also rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- red leaf lettuce, leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably medium grade)
- 2 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the cooked cubed chicken, celery, onion, dried cranberries, parsley, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the chicken salad; toss to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and refrigerated a few hours before serving (may refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving).
- Line individual plates with red lettuce leaves; spoon chicken salad onto lettuce leaves and serve.