Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I don't remember where this recipe came from. I found the name interesting and cut it out of a magazine.
Top Review by Ningo68
I have had this recipe for years - and I did find it in a magazine a lady that I worked with had brought in. I highly recommend this cookies. They bake up very nicely - very soft as well. A great cookie with a cup of coffee on a cold day. This is also a great cookie for Christmas. I recommend using the Brer Rabbit Molasses when making. Thanks for posting this one.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Add molasses and eggs.
- Mix well. Sift together the dry ingredients and stir.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Dip fingers into the sugar, then pinch off a piece of dough and roll into a 1-1/2-inch ball.
- Place dough balls on greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The dough will keep for a week or more in the refrigerator.