Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I got this from a newspaper years ago. Wonderful warm-u-up feel good drink.
Top Review by Gladys58
What a wonderful hot chocolate. It is just starting to cool off in the evenings here. I made this last night for me and my husband. We both loved the soothing maple-chocolate flavor. Very creamy and delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple flavoring, vanilla and 8 marshmallows.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt.
- Pour into mugs and top each with a marshmallow.