Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a newspaper years ago. Wonderful warm-u-up feel good drink.
Make and share this New England Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple flavoring, vanilla and 8 marshmallows.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt.
- Pour into mugs and top each with a marshmallow.
What a wonderful hot chocolate. It is just starting to cool off in the evenings here. I made this last night for me and my husband. We both loved the soothing maple-chocolate flavor. Very creamy and delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.
This tasted great! The flavor of the maple was subtle and pleasant and not too overpowering. The marshmallows melted just enough to make this extra-creamy. I'll be making this again and again! Excellent job! Thanks, NurseDi!
Now this is quite good. I love hot chocolate and maple. Just never thought of putting the two flavors together in a drink. They blended well together and were not overpowering to each other. Very smooth, rich and creamy. Just the way hot chocolate should be. Thanks Nurse Di.