- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- combine maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and pepper in a bowl.
- place flank steak in a plastic bag with marinade.
- refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- strain marinade into a sauce pan and cook on low heat.
- meanwhile, heat the grill to medium-high.
- place steak on grill and cook 5 minutes per side.
- cut into thin slices against the grain.
- serve with the heated marinade.