Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb fish fillet (use a firm fish)
- 2 tablespoons bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cut fillets into 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- Fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- Add the onions and brown them slightly.
- Add the potatoes, and water to just cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly tender.
- Add the fish and cook until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the milk and seasonings and reheat. Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.
I used halibut - added small diced carrot and celery to add some colour - used 1 1/2cups whole milk and 1/2 cup cream with a teaspoon of dried dill, served small portions with oyster crackers as 1st course. Company loved it.
Added small chopped carrots and fresh thyme to this recipe. Also thickened this by adding 1/2C flour to a small can of evaporated milk at the end. Great Chowda!