Top Review by Derf
I used halibut - added small diced carrot and celery to add some colour - used 1 1/2cups whole milk and 1/2 cup cream with a teaspoon of dried dill, served small portions with oyster crackers as 1st course. Company loved it.
- 1 lb fish fillet (use a firm fish)
- 2 tablespoons bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fillets into 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- Fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- Add the onions and brown them slightly.
- Add the potatoes, and water to just cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly tender.
- Add the fish and cook until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the milk and seasonings and reheat. Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.