Recipe by Chef Ellabella
I am not quite sure where the recipe came from, but it is positively the best cure for a cold winters day.
Top Review by LonghornMama
I love rice pudding (without raisins, of course!) and this may be the best I've tried. Quick, creamy, easy, and a great use for leftover rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, constarch, and salt in saucepan, add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly (8 minutes), cook one more minute.
- Temper eggs by briskly whisking small spoons of hot milk mixture into eggs (best done in a small heavy bowl).
- Whisk egg mixture into milk mixture.
- Add rice, raisins, butter and vanilla.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir gently, spoon into dessert dishes and sprinkle with nutmeg.