- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over (only use fresh)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 hot dog buns, sides split open
- 4 red leaf lettuce or 4 bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Mix in crabmeat and chopped green onions. Season crab salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread butter on insides of hot dog buns. Warm large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Place buns, buttered side down, in preheated skillet and toast until golden, about 5 minutes. Place 2 toasted buns on each of 2 plates. Place 1 lettuce leaf inside each bun. Divide crab salad among buns and serve.