Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a great appetizer or a light dinner (allow 2 per serving). Goes great with cole slaw and jalapeno hush puppies.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over and flaked
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup tartar sauce (optional)
- Stir together egg, mayo, dijon mustard, butter, parsley, dry mustard, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add crabmeat and stir to combine.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Roll patties in breadcrumbs and set aside until cooking.
- Heat oil about 1-inch deep in a large skillet or frypan, and fry several crab cakes at a time (being sure not to crowd), until they are light golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper toweling and keep warm while cooking the rest.
- Serve them hot with lemon wedges and tartar sauce, if desired.