4 hrs 30 mins
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens: Slow Cooker. Can be put in a large crockpot but works well in a roaster in the oven as well. Easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 corned beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons dried dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into 3 wedges
- horseradish sauce (optional)
- 1Discard seasoning packet from brisket if present.
- 2Put all ingredients into a large crock for 11 to 12 hours on low or 5 1/2 to 6 hours for high, OR put in roaster and roast at 350 for 4 hours.
- 3Separate ingredients on a platter.
- 4Serve with Horseradish Sauce. 1 cup mayo, enough milk to make runny sauce, prepared horseradish to taste, a bit of yellow mustard.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New England Corned Beef Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corned beef brisket