Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so simple and sooooo yummy. This is very good served on a cool day. My MIL is the proud owner of this one. We absolutly love this chowder. DO NOT ADD SALT!!
- 3 cups cooked diced potatoes (cook until tender, not mushy)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 celery rib (cut into big chunks)
- 1 tablespoon ham soup base
- 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat corn in microwave for 4 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients except the potatoes and simmer between low/medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes.
- Now serve and enjoy!
My son made this for our Northern recipe week. It was different than my mother-in-laws corn chowder recipe. I liked it and my husband didn't care for it as much as his mother's (of course).