Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pressure cooker recipe.
Make and share this New England Clam Chowder (Pressure Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- Drain clams and reserve liquid. Measure clam liquid; add enough water to make 4 cups liquid and set aside.
- In the pressure cooker, brown diced bacon until golden. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Drain off all but 1/4 of the fat and saute onion for several minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper and reserved clam liquid (mixed with water) and bring to a boil.
- Seal, bring up to 15 lb. pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, depressurize and remove lid.
- Add half and half, milk, butter and clams; heat gently (but do not boil). Serve immediately.
As you can see by the photo's I made a roux while everything was in the pressure cooker and turned out perfect,more using the pressure cooker cutting time in half and taste great.
This was really good!! I did make a few changes to lower the fat and calories, but it was DELICIOUS!! I only used a tiny bit of bacon for flavor, replaced drippings with olive oil (healthier fat) used a can of evap. skim milk in place of half and half and omitted the butter. It was really yummy and easy ...... especially for this novice pressure cooker cook! Thanks! Will be keeping this in the rotation!
Tired this tonight. IT WAS A HIT!