Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is pretty much like everyone's else except I use evaporated milk and half & half. Easy enough to make and taste pretty darn good on top of it.
- 2 slice bacon, browned and crumbled
- 59.14 ml flour
- 118.29 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59-1.23 ml pepper
- 396.89 g can evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml potato, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml celery, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 127.57 g can clams, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minute or until tender.
- Add finely chopped potatoes to onion and celery.
- Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir in half & half, clams with juice, water, salt, pepper and crumbled bacon.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minute or until creamy and lightly thickened.
A very easy recipe to put together. Great flavors and thick and creamy. Only change I made was to double the amount of clams. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.