1/2 Photos of New England Clam Chowder
This recipe is pretty much like everyone's else except I use evaporated milk and half & half. Easy enough to make and taste pretty darn good on top of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, browned and crumbled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup potato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can clams, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Cook potatoes until tender.
- 2Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minute or until tender.
- 3Add finely chopped potatoes to onion and celery.
- 4Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture.
- 5Stir in half & half, clams with juice, water, salt, pepper and crumbled bacon.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minute or until creamy and lightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New England Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 703.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g