Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is pretty much like everyone's else except I use evaporated milk and half & half. Easy enough to make and taste pretty darn good on top of it.
- 2 slices bacon, browned and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup potato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can clams, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minute or until tender.
- Add finely chopped potatoes to onion and celery.
- Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir in half & half, clams with juice, water, salt, pepper and crumbled bacon.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minute or until creamy and lightly thickened.
A very easy recipe to put together. Great flavors and thick and creamy. Only change I made was to double the amount of clams. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.