Recipe by Coraniaid
A good friend gave me this recipe several years back. It always comes to me as a craving sometime in late December to early February.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams (reserve liquid)
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 1⁄2 cups potatoes, Chopped & Peeled
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Set aside along with 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- In soup pot, combine drippings, 1 cup clam juice, potatoes, onion, bouillon, worcestershire, thyme & pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, cream and flour until smooth.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Stir in clams & then return to a boil.
- Reduce heat & cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Crumble bacon & sprinkle on top.