Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is comfort food at its finest. It's easy to prepare, and will warm you up from the inside out!
Make and share this New England Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 566.99 g boneless chicken breasts
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 12 white pearl onions
- 354.88 ml potatoes, diced
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 236.59 ml diced carrot
- 14.79 ml butter
- 73.94 ml flour
- 118.29 ml light cream
- 0.25 ml cracked pepper
- 2.46 ml tarragon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 premade pie crust
- Boil chicken for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Let cool. cut into chunks and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour broth into a large stock pot and bring to simmer. Add spices (tarragon, pepper, salt).
- Add onions and celery and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain veggies and save broth. Put broth into separate pot and bring to simmer.
- Add butter and flour, whisking until it starts to thicken. Add cream and bring to boil.
- Place chicken chunks and peas on the bottom of a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover with the rest of the veggie mixture. Pour thickened broth/cream over the top.
- Top with premade pie crust. Poke holes to avoid spillage.
- Bake at 400°F for 30-40 minutes.
I loved the addition of the tarragon, as it always goes so good with chicken. We loved this so much that I have promised to make it again soon! A new favorite around here!
This was yummy! I will be more liberal with the salt and freshly ground pepper as well as the tarragon next time--maybe even a sprinkle or two of crushed red pepper. Definitely a delightful dinner!