Recipe by jkoch960
There is nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of this creamy, heart-warming soup!
Top Review by tikasmom
This is my husband's favorite chowder recipe! I have added chopped carrots to the veggies, and use smoked chicken sausage instead of the cooked chicken. We make this many times during the year. Thanks for the great chowder!
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups broth
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- oyster crackers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir bacon in large saucepan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until bacon is light brown.
- Add onion and celery; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in stock; bring to boil over hight heat.
- Add potatoes, corn, salt and pepper; cook 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and cream. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- *Cook time does not include the time to cook the chicken.