- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (Coleman's preferred)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- oil or fat, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift first five ingredients together.
- Beat yolks and add to milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients and mix well; add cheese.
- Beat whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Preheat fat or oil to 360F in a large skillet.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot fat and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.