Recipe by tornadoes three
recipe adapted from Cabot Creamery.
Top Review by alleycatb
I gave this 4 stars because oven temp is not mentioned I guessed 350. We all loved this and I will make it again. I subbed sourcream for the cottage cheese as that is what I had and jumbo shells for the mancotti which I think is nice with the seafood anyway. Oh and I did use imitation crab meat. still was excellent
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces crabmeat, flaked, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 manicotti, cooked until almost tender (al dente)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, crabmeat, parsley, onion, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 2 cups tomato sauce into shallow baking dish. Stuff shells with equal amounts of cheese mixture and place on top of sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over shells, cover with foil, and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
- Variation: For a Florentine version, substitute 1 package cooked frozen chopped spinach in place of crabmeat.