Top Review by Elly in Canada
A great pudding, I used leftover stale raisin bread so only added about 1/4 cup of raisins. The fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon are just enough spice to be tasty, but not overwhelming. My baking time was only about an hour. I served the pudding with a caramel sauce. Delicious!
- 8 slices stale bread
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ungreased 3 quart baking dish tear up the bread in pieces.
- In another bowl pour boiling water over the raisins and drain.
- Add to the bread and mix up.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the milk to this.
- Mix well and pour over the bread and mix gently.
- Set this dish in a pan of water and bake 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream dollops.