Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite bread pudding is my Chocolate Bread Pudding, but when I don't want chocolate, this is great. Once in a while I want a change, not often, but when I do, this is what I make. I like bread pudding.
- In an ungreased 3 quart baking dish tear up the bread in pieces.
- In another bowl pour boiling water over the raisins and drain.
- Add to the bread and mix up.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the milk to this.
- Mix well and pour over the bread and mix gently.
- Set this dish in a pan of water and bake 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream dollops.
A great pudding, I used leftover stale raisin bread so only added about 1/4 cup of raisins. The fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon are just enough spice to be tasty, but not overwhelming. My baking time was only about an hour. I served the pudding with a caramel sauce. Delicious!