Recipe by Jester's Lace
Corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes in a rich broth. From a slow cooker cookbook whose name I cannot remember. I've lost and located my handwritten recipe at least four times, so I'm posting it to find it easily
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 3 lbs corned beef, fat well trimmed
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 in sections
- 1 small green cabbage, cut in 8ths
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 3 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in Crock Pot. Place beef on top. Put carrots and onions around beef and top with cabbage wedges.
- Combine broth, mustard, brown sugar, and dill and pour over beef and veggies.
- Tie up cloves and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth, and bury in veggies.
- Cook on high 8 to 10 hours.